Mercy

|
This is one of countless amazing stories of young women who have been transformed and healed by God's power through a very impacting ministry called Mercy Ministries. If you have a few minutes, listen to Kaitlen's audio testimony.

Mercy Ministries is a residential Christian counseling program for young women who are dealing with life threatening issues: drug abuse, self-harm, sexual abuse, eating disorders, etc. The organization has homes in Nashville, TN; Monroe, LA; Saint Louis, MO; and Sacramento, CA.

Here is one of the graduates written testimonies:

"I came to Mercy Ministries battling an eight year struggle with an eating disorder which led to depression, suicidal thoughts, prescription drug use, and dabbling in self harm. Due to an unstable and abusive childhood, I did not have value or worth. I also did not now how to cope with the pains and rejections that life brought through other peoples’ choices. God used Mercy Ministries in such an awesome way, and He brought so much healing, freedom, hope, health, value, and truth into my life. I now wake up everyday thanking God for the new life He has given me. Mercy Ministries was only the beginning of the healing, hope, and future that God has planned for me! I have grown so much since graduating. Daily I have to continue to surrender and depend on God and keep my mind renewed. I still have to choose truth and life everyday. 

God’s favor and provision have led the way in my journey back to school. I have been blessed with so many opportunities, connections, jobs, relationships, and funding along the way. In 2006, I graduated college from Louisiana Tech University with a bachelor’s degree in nutrition and dietetics. Currently I am working on my master’s degree in nutrition and also working in a dietetic internship to become a registered dietitian. I love my life now, but I am so excited about the future. I know that my best days are yet to come!”

I have Nancy Alcorn's book, "Echoes of Mercy" which details the founding of the ministry, so if you want a good read, you can borrow it!

1 comments:

Amanda Conley said...

What an amazing testimony. Thanks for posting the link.

Post a Comment